Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Sleepover Party Printables!

 
So little P turned 9 this month... I know right!? 9 years old!
 
For her birthday she wanted a sleepover with all her friends... and she specifically asked that her brother and sister NOT be there. I figured it's good for her to have some time without them occasionally.

 
In searching for a theme we came up with "Night Owls"
It worked perfectly because I knew there wouldn't be a whole lot of sleeping going on at this party.
 
 
This party was such a blast to put together because I remember being this age so well and how fun it was. Right on the edge of growing up but still young enough for silliness and dolls and best friends. 9 is a great age for a girl!
 
 
Our big craft project for the night were these scrappy slippers.
 
 
Fabric scraps came in very handy for this project. I threw in some super soft pink minky and fleece to make them extra cozy. I found the flip flops at the dollar section at my local Target.
 
 
Ok so I'm not a baker-ella. It was made with love though! I'm actually a big fan of these sugar sheets from Wilton that help people like me who otherwise have very little skill in the kitchen.
 
 
Her big gift of the night from Mom and Dad, LEGO Friends. I'm such a sucker for anything LEGO! My kids have more than I care to admit. I just got news that they will finally be adding a LEGO store to our local mall. Oh, my poor pocket book!
 
I had plans to take tons of great pictures of this party for the blog but getting six little 8 and 9 year old girls to hold still long enough is completely impossible! Besides, we were just having too much FUN!
 
I do want to share a few printables with you though. I loved the Night Owl theme, it worked so perfectly.
 
Here's the invite I created. You can save it and add your own text in a photo editing program (time, place, all that good stuff)
 
 
Just some little owls to decorate the table...
 
 
 
We made these fun door hangers too and I didn't get a picture. They turned out cute though! I had the girls cut them out and glue them to THESE door hangers. Then we added some sticker flowers and other decoration.
 
We cut these little owls out and glued them to the girls goodie bags to take home. You could also use them as cupcake toppers or decorations at the party!
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was a fun night. I didn't sleep much. Neither did the girls. I was worth it though. I think P will remember this party and how fun it is to be a 9 year old girl for a very long time.
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Seems like a great party!
    And by the looks of it, the girls had a great time!
    Awesome blog btw!

    ReplyDelete